Here is Smile For London’s Brilliant 5-step guide to making January awesome.
1. Take some the best up and coming/established poets and artists in London (Scroobius Pip, Ola the Poet, Kate Tempest, Inua Ellams, Jarvis Cocker *ahem* myself *ahem*)
2. Challenge them to write and record 30 second humorous, uplifting and insightful pieces.
3. Give said pieces to the UK’s top animators.
4. Unleash results on London’s underground tellys.
5. Watch journeys become pleasant-er by about 10000%
Seriously; Smile for London got so much WIN they stuffed some of the extra in an empty cotton sock and slapped January in the face with it. Part one of the videos are showing in the morning and evening every day of the week (click here for a timetable). I went to the launch and saw the lot of them; mind-blowing was the phrase. Check a teaser by Cerys Matthews, Fancesca beard and Paul Lyalls below.